01254 774943

Party Wall Act

Trust Our Years of Experience

Planning on building onto or close to a shared wall? By law you’ll need to notify your neighbours in the adjoining or adjacent properties.

We can provide you with all the necessary advice and guidance you need to make sure you’re well within the law. We take the hassle off you by issuing notices to all relevant neighbours and reassuring them about the works.

Under the Party Wall Act (1996) construction projects require notices to be served if:

  • Your wall forms part of only one building but which is on the boundary line between two or more properties
  • Your wall is common to two or more properties, for example where there is an existing wall and you or a neighbour subsequently builds adjoining to it
  • It is a garden wall and it’s astride or adjoining to the boundary line, and is used to separate the properties but is not part of any building
  • Carrying out works on the floors/ceilings of apartments
  • You wish to excavate close to a neighbouring property

Image taken from The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 Explanatory Booklet.

If your party wall is a source of conflict between yourself and your neighbours, we’ll be on hand to resolve all issues, every step of the way.

We'll help to prevent disputes & work to resolve any issues as quickly as possible

Our Surveying services

Let us take care of your Party Wall issues